Monday, June 22, 2009

Dwelling On Daddy's Day 09...

Well, we have just come through a wonderful Father's Day weekend! During these type Holidays, I'm aware of my many blessings and of how good God has been to me!
My Daddy, Larry J., has been and is a 'dream-Dad', a man who has lived a life of perfect christian example to me, not only in Fatherhood, but also as a Husband to my Mama! Daddy, I love you and thank you for a wonderful childhood filled with such great times! You never failed to make life fun for me and Mama! A little girl needs Daddy for many, many things: Like holding her high off the ground where the sunlight sings! Like being the deep music, that tells her all is right when she awakens frantic with the terrors of the night. Like being the great mountain, that rises in her heart and shows her how she might get home when all else falls apart. Like giving her the love that is her sea and air, so diving deep or soaring high, she'll always find him there. Daddy, it must have been my Heavenly Father who looked out for me... He blessed me with YOU!! You'll always be #1 in my book! I was blessed with two unbelievable Grandfathers, as well! My (late) Papaw S., a retired Minister, was a real Saint! If ever there was an Angel, who walked this earth as a human, it would have been him! A day never goes by that I don't miss him and his passing gives me more reason than ever to make it to heaven someday! Papaw S., I'll always love you and can't wait to see you, again! My Papaw J., also a retired minister, continues to live his life out in front of his family and grandkids as only a man of God can do! Papaw J., I love you and only wished we could see each other more often! When I married, I 'gained' another "Dad", Dad P., he is an awesome Father-In-Law and helped to raise a near-perfect son, Greg. I am so thankful for that and for the parents in this world who continue to guide their children in the admonition of the Lord. The scripture is true, 'when they are old, they will not depart from It!' This has been proven time and time again! Thanks, Dad P., Love you bunches! Last but not least, my incredible husband, Greg who has given me the life I always dreamed of! A fun marriage, a beautiful home, a wonderful family and an amazing baby girl (Alyson Dawn)! Greg, I will love you for all eternity! When I look at you being a “Dad“, my heart swells with gratitude and pride, I find myself sitting in a corner, admiring you be your natural self, being in your comfort zone of daddy hood. I feel so blessed to have a husband like you. I am so thankful that our children are blessed with a Father as caring, thoughtful, and supportive as you. Baby, I know WITHOUT a doubt it was my Heavenly Father looking out for me... He knew we would compliment each other, so he blessed us with each other. Here is a special wish for you - I wish for continuous blessings from above. For God's guidance, protection and strength. For health, long life and prosperity. I want to thank you for always putting our family’s interest first and for your undying love. I love you from the bottom of my heart!!! (If you missed my Tribute Post to my Mother, Mamaw S., Mamaw J. and Mother-In-Law, you can view them by looking through the 'older posts' below for "Mother's Day Moments".)
During the busy days of Summer that lie ahead, I trust that all my blogging buddies will be blessed with only the best that God has to offer! Happy Summer...
Click Here! (For the most recent photos.)

June Parties and More