Monday, December 8, 2008

My Birthday & the Children's Christmas Program Are Over...

...WE'RE NOW ANXIOUSLY AWAITING THE ADULT CHRISTMAS PROGRAM AND CHRISTMAS DAY TO COME!

http://picasaweb.google.com/thepennfamily2007/AGlimpseOfChristmas#
I've decided to post just a few pix of our Holiday decor at home... there's much that I haven't captured, both inside and outside, but I hope to do so during our Open House or soon after! Keep an eye out... they're sure to show up!
I had an incredible birthday (Dec. 5th) this year, Greg took me to see the Gaither Holiday Homecoming show downtown and we had a ball with many of our friends and family! The music was awesome and the 'breakfast' following (at midnight) was quite tasty, too! It was snowy outside which made it just perfect for a Christmas show!
Our Children's program, "Christmas Eve at Hope Haven", went well yesterday though it was a bit stressful getting to that point, the kids did a fine job and Greg and I were very proud of them! Being as we were both IN the Musical this year, we weren't able to take pictures ourselves, but we're waiting now to collect several from the children's parents and will post them for you, as soon as possible!
Well, we're now into the last week before the Adult Christmas program and there's much left to do for that, as well! YIKES! Christmas is such a hectic time of year, how can it be that it still remains my favorite of all???
Plus all of the above, I absolutely MUST begin my Holiday shopping tomorrow, or ELSE!!!!! I'm in a bit of shock and unbelief that I'm only now beginning, but I'm praying for warmer weather over the next week or two and God's grace to help me get it all done!

"Here I am,
it's Christmas time,
the panic's setting in.
No presents bought and
not a thought,
of how I'll ever begin."
(A portion of a poem I read recently and felt it was fitting for one such as me...)