Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Chestnuts Roasting... Jack Frost Nippin' At Your Nose

He's really 'Nippin' at noses tonight and with a major Ice Storm too, huh? Christmas is the ONLY time I can handle such cold weather, I'd be happy if it would wait to show up til the week of Christmas and leave again the day after! LOL Now, that would be a bit of Paradise on Earth!!!
Well, I was able to begin last week off with my first Christmas purchases on Tuesday and didn't do so well at it! So, I made plans to 'try again' on Thursday and wouldn't you know, I came down with something that morning and couldn't make it out! However, I hit the roads again, yesterday and actually bought MOST of the gifts on my list! I've ONLY 3 to go!!!
Our Church Cantata/Musical went extremely well, God was all over the place and anyone there should have felt His Spirit moving! Leading up to that evening, was a very hectic time of preparation for us all (especially my parents), but it was well worth the effort and hard work!

http://picasaweb.google.com/thepennfamily2007/PreHolidayEventsMore#
We were invited and attended Cuz Nate's 21st Birthday Party this weekend and had such a great time! Aly loves being with her cousins and it's even better when there's Cake and Ice Cream involved, too!
Happy Birthday, Nate ~ We're so very proud of you and the man you have become! You are the PERFECT example for the younger members in our family to strive to be. God has blessed you with such talent and the most wonderful of personalities! Remember, we love you with all our hearts and Aly thinks you 'hung the moon', you know!
The bad news of the week, is that while on my Monday shopping spree, Aly (staying with her Papaw) decided to get sick! Poor little munchkin must have 'caught' a flu bug over the weekend, she's been 'running' her first ever fever with it and is still under the weather tonight! Please help us pray that she'll get well before Christmas... it sure wouldn't be any fun for her (or the family) to be sick during the Holidays!
Stay safe out on these ICY slick roads, ya'll and a very Merry Week to you all!