Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mother!

Tuesday, January 20th, is my dear Mother's birthday... Greg, myself and Alyson want to take a moment to wish her a marvelous day and an incredible week ahead, as well!
Mama, you are without a doubt the best Mother any girl could ever ask for. A tremendous Mother-In-Law. A wonderful best friend and the most awesome 'Memaw' in the entire world!!!
Thank you for always being there for not only me, but for Greg and Aly, too! We know we could never make it without you AND Daddy... we love you both more than words can ever say!

(My Mama and I on the 2nd best day of my life... the birth of Alyson Dawn! Click to enlarge photo.)
"A Sonnet for My Incomparable Mother"
I often contemplate my childhood, Mama.
I am a Mother now, and so I know
Hard work is mixed together with the fun;
You learned that when you raised me long ago.
I think of all the things you gave to me:
Sacrifice, devotion, love and tears,
your heart, your mind, your energy and soul---
All these you spent on me throughout the years.
You loved me with a never-failing love
You gave me strength and sweet security,
And then you did the hardest thing of all:
You let me separate and set me free.
Every day, I try my best to be
A Mommy like the Mother you were to me.
By Joanna Fuchs
Our little family is more than thrilled to call you, our 'Mama' (and 'Memaw'), Happy Birthday from the bottom of our hearts and they are filled with love!