Monday, May 26, 2008

Depressed in Indiana...

Just wishing, dreaming and wanting to be headed South with the family!!! While working through this slight state of depression, I've found several REASONS for these gray clouds in my mind and I'd love to share them with you! The photos below should allow everyone to feel my pain - if only for a moment! (*wink * wink*)
I'll take a second to fill you in on a little background of what is happening... My parents, Aunt and Grandmother are headed to Louisiana on vacation this week.
Daydreaming Of Louisiana
Well needless to say, with us having just moved and Greg's new(ish) job, we are simply unable to tag along this year! Now, there's no words to describe what just thinking about the South does for me - let alone the idea of BEING there. I was born down there, I have DEEP southern roots and my blood is as southern as anyone's!!! Maybe the words to this song will help you see where I'm coming from. (*SMILE*)


Maybe it was a dream last night

Or looking into my daughter's eyes
But my heart was sinking
Yeah, man, it got me thinking
About all of my yesterdays
Every minute, every page of my innocence
Wishing I could go back when
I was wild and free as the Mississippi
Playing in the sugar cane
A part of me is gone
I don't know when it slipped away

I guess I left it in Louisiana

Blowing in the wind
Hiding in the quarter
Gotta get back there again
To the sweet sounds of the bayou
Let it wash right over me
Make me whole again
Bring back that missing piece
That I left in Louisiana

Now, having shared my "melancholy" mood with you, I want to point out that I'm not even close to actually being depressed, only a tad bit "sentimental". I have many many wonderful memories of my days in Louisiana and I can't wait for Greg and I to take our little Alyson there someday (soon)!
I've been blessed beyond words with a wonderful husband, a precious baby girl, awesome parents, an incredible family, a new home, etc. - - - I wouldn't trade a single one - - - not even for a trip down South this week! (*BIG GRIN*)
Well, I hope you have enjoyed your little 'look into' or 'tasty treat' of MY wild and wonderful Louisiana (photos, that is!)...